About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, experienced PBS Practitioner to join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of people with disabilities. In this role, you will work closely with our clients to improve their quality of life.
- Develop and train supporters in the implementation of Positive Behaviour Support plans for clients.
- Collaborate with clients, their families, and other professionals to create evidence based individualised plans.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of behaviour support strategies.
- Provide guidance and training to clients, their families, and support staff.
- Maintain detailed records and reports.
- Contribute to the continuous learning and improvement of Barkuma’s services.
- Relevant qualification in Developmental Education, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or a related field.
- Registration with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission as a PBS Practitioner and experience in delivering positive behaviour supports.
- Current registration or eligibility for full membership with the relevant national professional governing body such as DEAI, ACA, AHPRA, AASW or other as defined by the NDIS professional registration requirements of the relevant profession and willingness to register at your expense.
- Completion of the NDIS Worker Orientation module “Quality, Safety and You” (Module available at: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course);
- Satisfactory DHS Working with Children Clearance, NDIS Worker Screening, and National Police Check; and
- All mandated doses of COVID-19 vaccinations
- Full SA driver’s license
- Understanding of working within the NDIS framework
- Strong commitment to the rights and well-being of people with disabilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Community-minded and dedicated to achieving the best outcomes for our clients.
What We Offer:
- A supportive and values-driven work environment.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Focus on professional development and regular supervision by senior PBS Practitioners
- 5 weeks of annual leave
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Flexible working arrangements which may include full-time or part-time, hours.
If you are a dedicated professional who shares our values and is passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities, we encourage you to apply. Join Barkuma and be part of a community that believes in inclusion, collaboration, and the potential of every individual.
We encourage diversity and inclusion.
Barkuma acknowledged that each individual, regardless of their background or abilities, brings their diverse talents and skills, ensuring the best outcomes for our clients. We encourage applicants with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQ+ community, and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Are you ready to apply?
Kindly apply via seek https://www.seek.com.au/barkuma-jobs
Please carefully review and answer all screening questions. You will need to submit your CV and a cover letter addressing your abilities to undertake the key responsibilities of the role on seek portal.
To learn more about becoming a Behaviour Support Practitioner we welcome you to register for our meet and greet via Eventbrite.
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note that we commence shortlisting candidates as soon as possible and as such early submission of your application is encouraged to ensure you don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please. Candidates must have work rights for Australia. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To find out more about Barkuma visit us at: