DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT SERVICE (DES)
You can be employed in the mainstream workforce also known as ‘open employment’. Barkuma’s Disability Employment Services (DES) is federally funded and is not an NDIS support, it is free for people with disability to access. We are a specialist Disability Employment Service provider who work with people who have a developmental or intellectual disability.
Barkuma helps you start your career journey. We spend time with you and your family, support you in work experience, assess your skills, and find out what you need help with. We will help you to find the right job for you
WHAT TO EXPECT
LOOKING FOR WORK
- Help you to apply for the right job for you
- Speak with Employers for you and with you
- Support you at job interviews
- Support you to try the job first
STARTING YOUR JOB
- Assist you to set up and organise everything you need
- We learn the job too and work alongside you
- On the job support and training
- Help you to be able to work on your own
KEEPING YOUR JOB
- With you as long as you need us
- Train you to learn new skills
- Talk to your employer and co-workers
- Help with any work-related issues
- Support you to keep working and earn money
GROWING YOUR CAREER
- Your first job doesn’t have to be your forever job
- We can support you to move from one job to another if you want a change
- We will support you to achieve your career goals
Barkuma are here if you ever want to climb the job ladder, reskill, or have a complete career change. We can help you develop your career goals, find out what’s needed and help you search for that next step.
This service is free to use.
It is federally funded and is not an NDIS support.
Contact us today to start your career journey. We spend time with you and your family, support you in work experience, assess your skills, and find out what you need help with.
Contact the Intake Team on 8414 7100
“I just like coming here, meeting different co-workers, the customers are always nice. It’s good having that support from Barkuma. That way if you have any trouble at work, and you don’t feel comfortable talking to your boss, Barkuma is there.”