Barkuma is a not-for profit organisation that provides a range of services to assist people with disability. For over 50 years, Barkuma has provided an environment of self-determination that opens up a lifetime of limitless learning and opportunity. Together, we establish the capacity and confidence to transition out of high school and continue to build a lifetime of independence that makes quality employment and accommodation outcomes possible.
Our Aspirational Goal: To be a leading provider of high-quality employment, transition, and in-home supports for current and future Barkuma customers.
Our Purpose: To partner with people on the journey to their best life.
About the Role
An exciting and dynamic opportunity has arisen for a permanent full-time Production Operations Manager to lead Barkuma Commercial Services.
This role aims to develop and maintain viable commercial activities to provide supported employment for Barkuma clients at two major sites and via small teams in mobile operations. The Production Operations Manager is also responsible for the throughput of the commercial products with a manufacturing focus on workflows, logistics, standardised work, quality, safety and tooling requirements.
- Establish production methods to ensure the safety of standardised work and producing quality commercial customer outcomes.
- Establish warehousing and logistics processes for production operations.
- Financial controls and budget, resourcing aspects and capital expenditure of the Production Operations.
- Manage the integration of tooling, jigs and fixtures and new technology to improve efficiency and ergonomics.
- Monitor the performance of all of the above and provide performance reporting.
- Provide contemporary manufacturing subject matter expertise to the business.
Successful candidates must bring with them:
- Extensive experience in the contemporary manufacturing environment.
- Strong financial acumen, including responsible for budget preparations and capital expenditure.
- Managerial skills covering operations, finance and people management.
- Highly developed business planning.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership, ability in managing change in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, operations, management or related area.
- Knowledge and experience working in the NDIS environment (desirable)
- Understanding and experience of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (desirable).
Successful candidate must hold/acquire a NDIS Workers Screening Check or current DHS Disability Services Clearance, a DHS Working with Children Check, Safe Environments for Children and Young People Certificate ‘Through their eyes’ (or similar) and a current driver’s licence.
This position will be based from our Elizabeth office. Onsite parking is available.
Applications Close 16 February 2022.
In keeping with the Emergency Management (In-home and Community Aged Care and Disability Support workers Vaccination) (Covid-19) Direction 2021, it is a requirement that all persons engaged in work, or perform duties in a designated disability positions must provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status. Please ensure you forward evidence of your vaccination status with your application.
To find out more about Barkuma visit us at:
Please apply using SEEK
Applications including resume and email/cover letter outlining why you would be the suitable candidate for this role.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please. Candidates must have work rights for Australia. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.