This role is a permanent full-time role, different from any other Job Coordinator role you have seen.
Working at Barkuma’s DES (Disability Employment Service) means that you will NOT be bound to an office desk. You will be out and about most of your day, providing hands on support to participants in their roles, learning about innumerable industries and those duties, in order to educate and train your participants in the roles they will be undertaking.
In actuality, you may find that our participants are really teaching you, about life. This role is all about changing the lives of people with an intellectual disability and in the process, it will change yours too.
This role requires providing assistance and support to vulnerable individuals, making a meaningful impact on their lives.
- Prioritise needs of your caseload and deliver supports appropriate to each individual.
- Identify and implement supports to address participant’s barriers to employment.
- Career counselling to identify suitable employment options.
- Skills assessments to identify skill sets and support needs.
- Job search supports and negotiation of employment opportunities.
- Provide on the job Support, Training, and Ongoing Support to Participants in employment.
- Strategies to attract and retain employers – providing solutions for South Australian businesses in relation to their workloads, whilst strengthening diversity and inclusion in workplaces.
Successful candidates must bring with them:
- Ability to integrate existing knowledge, skills and personality into any industry and organisation.
- Natural ability to engage with individuals and build great rapport, which in turn will assist negotiate long-term employment opportunities for our participants.
- Ability to assess and deliver upon ALL customers’ needs – ensuring opportunities fit both participant and employer need.
- Contribution to team goals.
- Ability to act ethically and conduct yourself appropriately at all times.
- Strong person-centred approach
- Understanding of the National Standards for Disability Services, and how they relate to the service.
- Ability to work after hours and weekend work as required.
- Valid drivers’ license (essential).
- Child Safe Environment for Children and young People (or ability to obtain prior to commencement)
DHS Disability Services or NDIS Worker Check, DHS Working with Children Check, along with proof of Full COVID vaccination (or valid medical exemption) will be required as part of ongoing employment.
This position will be based primarily out of our city office. Parking is available. A company tool of the trade vehicle will be made available to you, along with company laptop and mobile phone.
If you are a dedicated professional who shares our values and is passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities, we would love to hear from you. Applications including a resume and cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role can be submitted by clicking the ‘Apply’ button on seek Job Coordinator Job in Adelaide SA – SEEK
Barkuma acknowledged that each individual, regardless of their background or abilities, brings their diverse talents and skills, ensuring the best outcomes for our clients. We encourage applicants with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQ+ community, and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.