Barkuma is a vibrant and exciting place to work. Imagine every day waking up and contributing in a positive way to the community. Work alongside people with disability to find rewarding jobs, learn new skills, explore their talents, and be included in the community.
Expression of Interest - General
Interested in working for one of South Australia's leading providers of a wide range of services to people with an intellectual or other disability?
We are always looking to expand our team of experienced and skilled workers to work across all functions and departments of our organisation.
To express your interest Click here to apply. Informal enquiries may be directed to main reception at 8414 7100 and they can direct you to the appropriate person.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Support Worker to join our team. As part of the Accommodation and Respite team you will use your expertise to meet the expectations of our customers and have an understanding of managing customer behaviour with experience in positive behaviour management. This role is offered as a permanent part time basis.
The role is rotating over a four week roster cycle including days 8am-4pm afternoon/evenings 4pm-10pm including passive sleep over. Rostered alternative weekends, averaging 100 hours per month, with an opportunity to backfill other shifts.
What we are looking for:
The ideal applicant will have a commitment to the rights, personal development and empowerment of people with disability, have worked with people with Cognitive impairment and Autism.
- A proactive approach to work and relationships.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to use a computer and software related to case notes including Word, Outlook and internet research
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting, cooperating and working with colleagues to achieve an overall objective.
What you need:
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Disability or Community Services (or similar).
- Current First Aid Certificate, Assist with Medication and Manual Handling training, Positive behaviour support,
- Special Conditions
- DCSI check required is essential, as per Barkuma policy.
- Current SA driver’s licence is essential and a road worthy car certificate and insurance cover.
- Ability to perform duties outside of typical business hours, including evenings, weekends, passive or active nights, as dictated by customer needs. On call duty may be requested.
Barkuma offers salary packaging of $15,900 increasing your take home pay by up to $5,000 per year. Further salary packaging benefits include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation, venue hire and additional superannuation contributions. Enjoy flexible working conditions including 5 weeks of annual leave per year. You will also be provided access to ongoing training and personal development.
If the above sounds like you, click here to apply. Informal enquiries about the position may be directed to Katria Walker ph. 8252 8666.
Applications close Friday 5th October at 5:00pm, please include a cover letter and up to date resume.