Barkuma is a vibrant and exciting place to work. Imagine every day waking up and contributing in a positive way to the community. Work alongside people with disability to find rewarding jobs, learn new skills, explore their talents, and be included in the community.
Expression of Interest - General
Interested in working for one of South Australia's leading providers of a wide range of services to people with an intellectual or other disability?
We are always looking to expand our team of experienced and skilled workers to work across all functions and departments of our organisation.
To express your interest Click here to apply. Informal enquiries may be directed to main reception at 8414 7100 and they can direct you to the appropriate person.
Manager - Accommodation & Respite
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Manager – Accommodation & Respite to join our team commencing in January 2019. As part of the operations team you will manage the day to day operations of the team including supervising the team leaders and support workers. This role is offered as a full-time, permanent position.
What we are looking for:
The ideal applicant will have a commitment to the rights, personal development and empowerment of people with disability and;
The Manager, Accommodation & Respite exists primarily, but not limited to;
- Manage the day to day operations of the area
- Provide supervision to the team
- Ensure the department works within budget and explains variances
- Develop and manage staff within department
- Provide support and advice to relevant Senior Manager/Executive as required
- Lead and develop policy for the business area
Primary Compliance Requirements (not limited to)
- National Standards for Disability Services
NDIS Quality & Safeguards
What you need:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Allied Health or Relevant field
- Qualifications in management and leadership
- Certificate IV in Community Services or relevant area
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in service provision to people with cognitive disabilities
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated capacity to work with Microsoft Office products and IT systems
- Experience and understanding of Accommodation Services for people with cognitive disabilities
- Management of rosters and 24 hour service delivery
- Demonstrated involvement in recruitment and staff development
- Communicate effectively with people with differing capacities in both written and verbal forms
- Problem solve complex issues
- Effective conflict management
- Focus on empowering & developing team
- Some out of hours work is likely to be required
- Respond to team leaders out of hours if required
- Access to a comprehensively insured vehicle for travel is a requirement
- Retention of a current SA drivers licence is a requirement
- An Allowance of $5,000 per annum will be paid fortnightly to defray motor vehicle costs
Barkuma offers salary packaging of $15,900 increasing your take home pay by up to $5,000 per year. Further salary packaging benefits include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation, venue hire and additional superannuation contributions. Enjoy flexible working conditions including 5 weeks of annual leave per year. You will also be provided access to ongoing training and personal development.
If the above sounds like you, click here apply. Informal enquiries about the position may be directed to Steve Sampson ph. 8414 7100. Applications close Monday the 3rd of December at 5:00pm, please include a cover letter and up to date resume.