Expressions of Interest for Barkuma Board of Directors
Barkuma is excited to announce that we are seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a voluntary position on the Board of Directors.
At Barkuma, we exist to empower humanity’s fullest potential by working with people with disabilities who want to establish friendships, develop new skills and find rewarding work. Together, we navigate real-world tasks within a supportive setting. We establish the capacity and confidence to transition out of high school, and continue to build a life of independence that makes quality employment and accommodation outcomes achievable. Through positive lived experiences of respect and dignity, our encouraging environment opens up a lifetime of limitless learning and opportunity.
Your valuable contribution of time and skills will play a vital role in empowering people with disability to live the life they want with the support they need. Expressions of interest are sought from individuals who are able demonstrate the following:
- High level of integrity, discretion and sound judgement,
- Open-mindedness, curiosity to understand the perspective of others, and ability to engage in robust discussions constructively,
- Expertise in :
- non-profit governance – FAICD, MAICD or GAICD (highly regarded),
- risk management,
- finance with a high level of financial literacy,
- strategic thinking.
- An ability to process and interpret complex information,
- A passion for working with disadvantaged groups in an empowering and effective way,
- Familiarity with the not for profit environment,
- Alignment with Barkuma’s values,
- Additional professional experience within Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations, Sales and Marketing, Media and communications or Systems and digital transformation will be highly regarded.
Barkuma’s Board currently meets once a month. The successful candidate will also be co-opted onto one of three standing subcommittees of the Board that meet throughout the year.
If you are interested please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Attention Governance, Nominations and Renewal Subcommittee’ in the subject line before COB Friday 11th of June 2021. Questions about this opportunity can be directed to Simon Rowberry on (08) 8414 7100.
Barkuma. Live your all.