Barkuma is a vibrant and exciting place to work. Imagine every day waking up and contributing in a positive way to the community. Work alongside people with disability to find rewarding jobs, learn new skills, explore their talents, and be included in the community.
Expression of Interest - General
We are always looking to expand our team of experienced and skilled workers to work across all functions and departments of our organisation.
To express your interest Click here to apply. Informal enquiries may be directed to main reception at 8414 7100 and they can direct you to the appropriate person.
Student and Volunteer Placements
Throughout the year Barkuma offer student placements.
Placements are available for students who have completed a Certificate III and IV in Aged Care, Certificate III and IV in Community Services (Disability Support) and University Students – undergraduate and postgraduate.
To be considered for a student placement please click here for University Students or click here for those studying a Certificate III or IV qualification. Please send a cover letter with the following information:
- Contact details (full name, mobile, email)
- Name of Training Institution / Name of University
- Your course of study and current year of study
- Why you you’d like to do your placement with Barkuma
- Requested placement dates and number of hours required
Also remember to include:
- A current CV
- Current DCSI Clearance Certificate
- Certificate of Insurance
- Senior First Aid Certificate (for Cert III or Cert IV graduates)
We check these regularly and if we have a suitable placement, we will contact you.
Volunteering at Barkuma
Barkuma greatly values the contributions of our team of volunteers that work across our sites. Volunteers generously donate their time, energy and expertise to help us deliver our programs.
To be considered for a volunteering role please click here to send the following information
- Your contact details (full name, mobile, email)
- Current CV and why you would like to volunteer with Barkuma
- Information on your availability including days and times you're available
- Current DCSI Clearance Certificate
We check these regularly and if we have a suitable volunteer position, we will contact you.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Anna Wilkes (HR Coordinator) on 8414 7100.
Barkuma is a vibrant and exciting place to work, imagine everyday waking up and contributing in a positive way to the community.
We are seeking experienced and highly motivated Support Workers to join our team. As part of the Accommodation and Respite team you will provide individualised person centred support to customers with a cognitive or physical disability and their families, enabling them to live as independently as possible in their home and community. This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis on a 4 week rotating roster which included both day and evening/night shifts.
What we are looking for:
The ideal applicant will have a commitment to the rights, personal development and empowerment of people with disability and;
- Support customers with activities of daily living in the home as identified.
- Support customers to actively participate and engage with their community.
- Network and liaise with local communities, whilst promoting a positive image for both the customer and the organisation.
- Provide feedback and document progress towards the achievement of customer’s individual goals.
- Promote a culture that ensures customers, their family members/advocates are actively involved in decisions and choices that impact their life.
What you need:
- Certificate 3 in Individualized Support (Disability) or equivalent.
- Current First Aid Certificate (essential) and Assist with Medication (desirable) and manual handing (desirable)
- DHS Clearance is essential
- Current SA driver’s license and a road worthy car.
- Ability to perform duties outside of typical business hours, including evenings, weekends, passive or active nights, as dictated by customer needs.
- On call duty may be requested.
Barkuma offers salary packaging of $15,900 increasing your take home pay by up to $5,000 per year. Further salary packaging benefits include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation, venue hire and additional superannuation contributions. Enjoy flexible working conditions including 5 weeks of annual leave per year. You will also be provided access to ongoing training and personal development.
If the above sounds like you, click here to apply. Enquiries about the position may be directed to Katria Walker ph. 8252 8666 Applications close Friday 24 May at 5:00pm, please include a cover letter and up to date resume.
To find out more about Barkuma visit us at:
No recruitment agencies please. Candidates must be Australian residents and be required to complete a DCSI check. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.