Barkuma is a vibrant and exciting place to work. Imagine every day waking up and contributing in a positive way to the community. Work alongside people with disability to find rewarding jobs, learn new skills, explore their talents, and be included in the community.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Team Leader who will provide leadership and support work duties to the Accommodation & Respite team in the Northern region of Adelaide between Elizabeth and the Barossa. This role will focus on the day to day, operational aspects of the team, while ensuring an appropriate level of service and support is delivered. Furthermore, the successful candidates will be required to undertake Support work duties 50% of the time, unless otherwise advised, including one weekend per fortnight involving hands on and emergency on call duties.
This position is offered on a permanent full time basis.
What we are looking for:
The ideal applicant will have a commitment to the rights, personal development and empowerment of people with disability and:
- An understanding and knowledge of person centred support.
- High standard of work ethic and confidentiality with a professional and mature disposition.
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and passion to be part of a team driving cultural change.
- A strong empathy for people with disabilities.
- Be reliable, trustworthy and supportive of the mission of Barkuma.
- Be professional, resourceful and flexible.
- Certificate IV in Disability or Community Services
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management (or similar)
- Knowledge of and direct support experience with people who have an intellectual disability.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supervising team members in Community Services (or similar).
- Previous experience in rostering in a Community Services setting (or similar)
- Strong administrative, organisational and self-management skills
- Current DCSI (Department of Community and Social Inclusion) screening check in Child or Disability.
- Current drivers licence.
As part of the recruitment process you will need to:
- Agree to undertake a DCSI Child Related Clearance requested by Barkuma if you do not already have a current clearance. Employment with Barkuma will be dependent upon an acceptable screening check result.
- Agree to provide a Roadworthy Certificate for your vehicle at your own cost.
Barkuma offers salary packaging of $15,900 increasing your take home pay by up to $5,000 per year!
Further salary packaging benefits include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation, venue hire and additional superannuation contributions. Enjoy various benefits including 5 weeks of annual leave per year. You will also be provided access to ongoing training and personal development.
A Position Description can be found here: AR Team Leader PD
If the above sounds like you, click here to apply. Informal enquiries about the position may be directed to Margaret Fischer at 8252 8666. Applications must include a cover letter and current resume.
No recruitment agencies please. Candidates must be Australian residents. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Expression of Interest - General
Interested in working for one of South Australia's leading providers of a wide range of services to people with an intellectual or other disability?
We are always looking to expand our team of experienced and skilled workers to work across all functions and departments of our organisation.
To express your interest Click here to apply. Informal enquiries may be directed to main reception at 8414 7100 and they can direct you to the appropriate person.