Barkuma Incorporated is a leading not-for-profit South Australian organisation which offers multi-dimensional services for people with a diagnosed developmental disability ranging from intellectual, Down syndrome, learning disabilities and Autism spectrum disorder.
For over 50 years, we have worked alongside people with a disability to find rewarding jobs, learn new skills and explore new talents. Barkuma provides individualised support through quality service delivery and advocacy to promote independent, inclusive and healthy lifestyles, enabling people to be active members of the community.
Imagine waking up and contributing in a positive way to the community with an organisation that truly cares.
Our Aspirational Goal: To be a leading provider of high-quality employment, transition, and in-home supports for current and future Barkuma customers.
Our Purpose: To partner with people on the journey to their best life.
About the Role
An opportunity exists for a causal Production Supervisor, to provide guidance and oversight to supported employees. We are seeking people who have skills in: horticulture, yard maintenance, cleaning, cooking, food production and general production.
This role is about supporting people with disability to develop and maintain the skills required in employment and in doing so support people to lead their best life.
- Main duties will include (but are not limited to) providing support to a small team of employees delivering a quality service to Barkuma commercial customers in production, gardening, cleaning and other new enterprises.
- Maintain productivity and quality of work output.
- Motivate and encourage supported employees.
- Supervise supported employees while understanding and developing individual capabilities.
We are excited to offer traineeships to candidates new to Disability Services. If you are looking for an opportunity to get a qualification while you work, we are offering permanent roles to candidates who meet training eligibility criteria. This role will suit people who are just starting or who have existing skills but no qualifications.
Successful candidates may have the following skills:
- Ability to lead a team
- Customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- IT literacy.
- Be able to stand for prolonged periods.
- Drivers’ licence (essential) Probation 2 and above
- Must have or be willing to obtain DHS Disability Services and Working with Children’s clearance along with Child Safe Environments will be required as part of ongoing employment.
- Skills in Gardening, cleaning, food retail or food production and ideally relevant qualifications, or demonstrated experience working on repetitive production lines, including assembly, will be an advantage for the position.
This position will be based between our Elizabeth and Holden Hill Factories and could include working in the community with small teams. Onsite parking is available.
To find out more about Barkuma visit us at:
Please apply using SEEK
Applications including resume and email/cover letter outlining why you would be the suitable candidate for this role.
Download a copy of the Position Description here
With respect, no recruitment agencies please. Candidates must have work rights for Australia. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.