Open employment means that you are employed in the mainstream workforce. We are a specialist Disability Employment Service (DES) provider who work with people who have a developmental or intellectual disability.
Our participants work in a variety of roles and industries with over 300 local employers, including:
- Aged care
- Business and administration
- Fast food
- Maintenance and cleaning
- and many more.
We specialise in assisting people with Developmental Disabilities which includes, but is not limited to:
- Intellectual Disability
- Down Syndrome
- Autism (including Asperger’s)
- Learning Disorder
- Acquired or Traumatic Brain Injury acquired prior to 18 years of age.
As a Specialist Service Provider, Barkuma Employment can work with people from across the Adelaide Metropolitan, Barossa and Gawler areas.
Why choose Barkuma?
- We focus on your goals and needs to ensure you get the job that is right for you.
- Once a suitable job opportunity has been found, we will provide one on one support in the workplace to assist you to maintain your employment.
- We have been recognised nationally for our service, receiving Runners Up in the 2018 National Disability Service Open Employment Excellence award.
How do I access this support?
Barkuma works with you to make sure you are supported throughout your employment and have a process to make you reach your goals. This process includes:
- Send enquiry to Intake Coordinator
- Assess your eligibility and sign you up
- Meet your support team
- Pre-employment activities
- Job searching
- Work experience
- Paid employment.
For more information
Download our Finding and Keeping a Job Brochure (PDF, 181kb).
If you are interested in our Open Employment service call (08) 8414 7100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.