Australian Disability Enterprises are being transitioned to a new funding model within the NDIS. Barkuma will transition to this new model on January 1 2022.
Most Supported Employees will need to have an NDIS Plan review before December to ensure there is the right funding for supports in the workplace.
At the Plan review, NDIS will need to know how much funding is required to support you in the workplace. Each person will have a different amount of funding depending on their support needs at work.
We can help you to lodge the quote for funding with the NDIS, through your support coordinator or your NDIS planner.
To help you understand these changes, Barkuma will be holding some information sessions for families, or can meet with you individually.
Information sessions at Barkuma Elizabeth:
September 14th – 3pm
September 15th – 5.00pm
September 16th – 8.30am & 3pm
Information sessions at Barkuma Holden Hill:
September 21st – 8.30am, 3.00pm, 5.00pm
What you need to do:
- Attend an information session or make time for a meeting or phone call
- Arrange for a plan review before December.
- Barkuma can assist you by sending the quote directly to your support coordinator
- Employee/family/Support Coordinator to complete change of circumstances form (Barkuma can also assist with this)
- The NDIS fund supports in employment for participants who need extra help to pursue their employment goals. The changes mean that while employees will continue to receive the support they need, providers (Barkuma) now claim these supports in a different way.
- The changes mean your Work Supports will now be called Supports in Employment
- Funding for these supports moved from your Capacity Building budget, into your Core
- It won’t impact your employment, you will continue to work as normal.
- If you don’t have a support coordinator or LAC, Barkuma can help