What We Do
We are a preferred ICAN & FLO provider for young people with disability. We are also a specialist service provider for young people with:
- Intellectual disability
- Learning disabilities
- Dual diagnosis (ID and Mental Health).
What is ICAN?
ICAN stands for Innovative Community Action Networks. This program brings together young people, families, schools, community groups, businesses and government to find solutions to issues that stop young people from completing their education.
ICAN supports young people from year 6 to 19 years of age who are:
- Enrolled in school but at risk of early leaving
- Disengaged and/or not re-engaging to a pathway to employment, further education or community participation, or a combination of these.
What is FLO?
A flexible learning option (FLO) enrolment can help if a student is having trouble staying at school. It is a more flexible approach for supporting engagement of young people at risk of disengaging with their learning.
Young people are eligible for ICAN enrolment if they:
- Are enrolled in an ICAN Secondary or Upper Primary school and demonstrate that they are at significant risk of leaving school early.
- Have left school early without a formal qualification and are no longer enrolled in any DECD school.
The Barkuma Difference
Our Case Management team has supported clients for over 17 years and has well established networks in the community. We provide individualised programs to meet the unique needs of each young person. We are able to assist students and their families with a wide range of issues impacting on their lives including:
If you are interested in our Case Management support call (08) 8414 7100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.