Barkuma is a not-for profit organisation that provides a range of services to assist people with disability. For over 50 years, Barkuma has provided an environment of self-determination that opens up a lifetime of limitless learning and opportunity. Together, we establish the capacity and confidence to maximise potential for our customers while they continue to build a lifetime of independence that makes quality person-centred outcomes possible.
Our Aspirational Goal: To be a leading provider of high-quality employment, transition, and in-home supports for current and future Barkuma customers.
Our Purpose: To partner with people on the journey to their best life.
Barkuma Staff Behaviours
Bold –We are confident, consistent, and courageous in everything we do.
Accountable –We are open, transparent, and work to agreed timelines and budgets
Resilient –We are flexible and support one another to bounce back from difficult situations.
Knowledgeable –We are well informed and share information readily with our peers.
Unified –We are committed to working collaboratively to achieve our stated purpose.
Mindful –We are observant, attentive and show regard for one another and our teams.
Agile –We are change agents and believe that change, renewal, and continuous improvement are important to our success.
About the Role
Would you like to work 4 days a week, but still work full-time hours and receive full-time pay? Do you have a sound knowledge of NDIS funding, medication management, employee management, roster management? Do you have an affinity for working with people who have an intellectual disability?
An exciting opportunity has become available for a permanent full-time Team Leader to join our Accommodation and Respite Services.
- Oversee customer health, risk assessment and annual plan review.
- Rostering management, including adequate shift coverage.
- Provide effective leadership, mentoring and management for Support Workers.
- Ensure services are centred on customers and their funding agreement, assisting them in maintaining maximum control over their own lives.
- Support customer liaisons with legal guardians and/or financial administrators.
- Promote a positive, engaged and collaborative culture within the team.
- Support the decisions and directions of Barkuma, while advocating for customers rights and needs.
Successful candidates must bring with them:
- Current NDIS Worker Screening or DHS Disability Services clearance
- Minimum 3 years disability senior supervisory experience (intellectual disability environment desirable)
- Minimum Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management (desirable)
- Ability to undertake Support Worker duties (as required)
- Appropriate motor vehicle that is registered and comprehensively insured
- Valid driver’s licence
- Senior First Aid / Provide First Aid
- Medication certification
Working 10 hours across 4 days on / 3 days off between 7am to 9pm (roster dependent), including weekends (one weekend per fortnight). Appropriate shift allowances increase your take home pay.
This position will be based from our accommodation sites in the Northern Suburbs.
Imagine waking up and contributing in a positive way to the community with an organisation that truly cares. This role is all about changing and improving the lives of people with an intellectual disability and in the process, it will change yours too.
To find out more about Barkuma visit us at:
Please apply using SEEK
Applications including resume and email/cover letter outlining why you would be the suitable candidate for this role.
Download a copy of the Position Description here
With respect, no recruitment agencies please. Candidates must have work rights for Australia. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.