Barkuma is a not-for profit organisation that provides a range of services to assist people with disability. For over 50 years, Barkuma has provided an environment of self-determination that opens up a lifetime of limitless learning and opportunity. Together, we establish the capacity and confidence to transition out of high school and continue to build a lifetime of independence that makes quality employment and accommodation outcomes possible.
Our Aspirational Goal: To be a leading provider of high-quality employment, transition, and in-home supports for current and future Barkuma customers.
Our Purpose: To partner with people on the journey to their best life.
About the Role
Opportunities exist for Production Supervisors, to provide guidance and oversight to supported employees. We are seeking people who have skills in: horticulture, yard maintenance, cleaning, cooking, food production and general production.
This role is about supporting people with disability to develop and maintain the skills required in employment and in doing so support people to lead their best life.
- Main duties will include (but are not limited to) providing support to a small team of employees delivering a quality service to Barkuma commercial customers in production, gardening and other new enterprises.
- Maintain productivity and quality of work output.
- Motivate and encourage supported employees.
- Supervise supported employees while understanding and developing individual capabilities.
We are excited to offer traineeships to candidates new to Disability Services. If you are looking for an opportunity to get a qualification while you work, we are offering permanent roles to candidates who meet training eligibility criteria. This role will suit any person who is just starting or whom have existing skills but no qualifications.
Successful candidates must bring with them:
- Ability to lead a team
- Customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- IT literacy.
- Be able to stand for prolonged periods.
- Drivers’ licence (essential) Probation 2 and above
- Must have or be willing to obtain NDIS Workers Screening check or DHS Disability Services and Working with Children’s clearance along with Safe Environments for Children and Young People Certificate ‘Through their eyes’ will be required as part of ongoing employment.
- Skills in Gardening, cleaning, food retail or food production and ideally relevant qualifications, or demonstrated experience working on repetitive production lines, including assembly, will be an advantage for the position.
This position will be based between our Elizabeth and Holden Hill Factories and could include working in the community with small teams. Onsite parking is available.
In keeping with the Emergency Management (In-home and Community Aged Care and Disability Support workers Vaccination) (Covid-19) Direction 2021, it is a requirement that all persons engaged in work, or perform duties in a designated disability positions must provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status. Please ensure you forward evidence of your vaccination status with your application.
To find out more about Barkuma visit us at:
Please apply using SEEK
Applications including resume and email/cover letter outlining why you would be the suitable candidate for this role.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please. Candidates must have work rights for Australia. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.