Barkuma is a not-for profit organisation that provides a range of services to assist people with disability. For over 50 years, Barkuma has provided an environment of self-determination that opens up a lifetime of limitless learning and opportunity. Together, we establish the capacity and confidence to transition out of high school and continue to build a lifetime of independence that makes quality employment and accommodation outcomes possible.
Our Aspirational Goal: To be a leading provider of high-quality employment, transition, and in-home supports for current and future Barkuma customers.
Our Purpose: To partner with people on the journey to their best life.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent, full-time NDIS Intake and Engagement Manager, which forms part of the Intake department. The aim of this role is to support Barkuma’s current and future clients and their families to access Barkuma services through their NDIS plans, providing linkages to other Barkuma non-NDIS services including Open Employment and Transition program and referrals to alternative appropriate supports.
- Leading and mentoring the Intake team.
- Establish and maintain current, accurate client records including service agreements that reflect customer choice.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the NDIS Price Guide and supports
- Provide expert advice regarding NDIS plans, budgets, and utilisation and service options.
- Ongoing monitoring of client NDIS plans including plan change dates, changes to funding and service.
- Assisting clients, their families and support coordinators to navigate the NDIS and Barkuma services.
- Working collaboratively with Barkuma Service Areas Managers to transition clients to service areas seamlessly.
- Manage departmental budget
Successful candidates must bring with them:
- Experience in a constantly changing environment with an ability to build and manage effective working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar NDIS role.
- Experience in the NDIS MyPlace portal and CRM systems.
- Understanding of the National Standards for Disability Services
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and meet deadlines
DHS Disability Services and Working with Children’s clearance along with Child Safe Environments will be required as part of ongoing employment.
This position will be based primarily out of our city office. Parking is available. A company tool of the trade vehicle will be made available to you, along with company laptop and mobile phone.
Don’t miss your chance to be part of something special. A Position Description can be found on our website.
As an organisation we take the responsibility to protect vulnerable adults very seriously and all staff recruited to work in those areas are required to sign off on and work within our code of conduct and undergo relevant pre-employment checks including appropriate security clearance/s.
To find out more about Barkuma visit us at:
Please apply using SEEK
Applications including resume and email/cover letter outlining why you would be the suitable candidate for this role.
Download a copy of the Position Description here
With respect, no recruitment agencies please. Candidates must have work rights for Australia. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.