Barkuma is a not-for profit organisation that provides a range of services to assist people with disability. For over 50 years, Barkuma has provided an environment of self-determination that opens up a lifetime of limitless learning and opportunity. Together, we establish the capacity and confidence to transition out of high school and continue to build a lifetime of independence that makes quality employment and accommodation outcomes possible.
Our Aspirational Goal: To be a leading provider of high-quality employment, transition, and in-home supports for current and future Barkuma customers.
Our Purpose: To partner with people on the journey to their best life.
About the Role
The Reception & Engagement Coordinator is the first point of contact for new and existing customers, and customer service is a key component of the role. The role is also responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support, working as part of the Engagement and Communications team to meet work goals and objectives, and deliver quality services to internal and external customers.
- Welcoming clients and staff to the South Tce site, providing exceptional customer service.
- Triage incoming communications to ensure they are forwarded to the appropriate contact, and maintenance of communication records.
- Implementation, review and continuous improvement of effective administration systems and procedures to ensure efficient operation of the department.
- Manage work instructions and workflows of all processes and tasks.
- Data Entry and maintaining registers including inputting customer information into various systems.
- Assisting with reception procedures including monitoring sign-in book, inducting contractors into the building, managing deliveries in/out.
- Receiving & distributing electronic and hard correspondence.
- Ensure reception and office area are clean and professional at all times.
- Provide support and mentoring to other staff as required.
- Work collaboratively with other Engagement Coordinators to ensure team objectives are met.
- Provide broad administrative support across the organisation as needed and undertake any additional reasonable duties as requested by the Engagement Business Partner.
Work Health and safety responsibilities
- Conduct yourself in a manner that does not expose yourself or others to physical or psychological risk.
Quality Assurance responsibilities
- Adhere and advance Barkuma’s Quality management Systems.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to use initiative, manage and plan routine and non-routine tasks
- Understanding and experience of the NDIS, or a willingness to learn
- Organisation and prioritising skills, adaptability to changing environments
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Certificate III Business Administration (desirable)
- Provide proof of work rights for Australia
- Current NDIS Worker Screening or DHS Disability clearance (or willingness to obtain)
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Worker Orientation Module (or willingness to obtain)
- Appropriate infection control certificate
To find out more about Barkuma visit us at:
Please apply using SEEK
Applications including resume and email/cover letter outlining why you would be the suitable candidate for this role.
Download a copy of the Position Description here
With respect, no recruitment agencies please. Candidates must have work rights for Australia. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.