Barkuma is a not-for profit organisation that provides a range of services to assist people with disability. For over 50 years, Barkuma has provided an environment of self-determination that opens up a lifetime of limitless learning and opportunity. Together, we establish the capacity and confidence to transition out of high school and continue to build a lifetime of independence that makes quality employment and accommodation outcomes possible.
Our Aspirational Goal: To be a leading provider of high-quality employment, transition, and in-home supports for current and future Barkuma customers.
Our Purpose: To partner with people on the journey to their best life.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent full-time Client Services Case Manager, part of our growing Commercial Services business unit.
Working alongside of the Barkuma Commercial Services production team, providing a range of supports to individuals who receive NDIS funding for supports in employment across Commercial Services sites. The Client Services Case Manager will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure participants have annual assessment and review that will support skill development plans, inform support requirements and assist with individual goal setting. On a day-to-day basis, the Case Manager will provide a range of supports to the participant, including support to engage with NDIS, provide information to Barkuma intake team, manage relationships, and engage with advocates and specialist services.
- Work within the service model to provide assessment
- Work with participants and families / guardians to regularly review individual plans
- Develop programs of supports and typical patterns of support that reflect participants support requirements in employment
- Maintain accurate and timely records and reports
- Contribute to a culture that encourages knowledge improvement, achievement of high quality services, unity and collaboration
Successful candidates must bring with them:
- Minimum Certificate IV – Disability/Community Services or other relevant qualification
- The nature of the role will require work at other Barkuma sites, in the community and may require intrastate travel
- Current NDIS knowledge and demonstrated experience in practical application
- Minimum two years case management / support coordination experience
- Apply a person centred, strengths based approach to working with individuals
- Established networks
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrate a flexible innovative approach
This position will be based from our site located at Elizabeth.
- DHS Disability Services or NDIS Worker Check along with Child Safe Environments Certificate will be required as part of ongoing employment.
To find out more about Barkuma visit us at:
Please apply using SEEK
Applications including resume and email/cover letter outlining why you would be the suitable candidate for this role.
Download a copy of the Position Description here
With respect, no recruitment agencies please. Candidates must have work rights for Australia. Barkuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.