Start your career with one of South Australia’s leading Australian Disability Enterprises, Barkuma. Working with us is a great way to develop your skills, confidence and experience. You will receive wages, have set hours of work, leave entitlements, superannuation and other benefits.
What work will I be doing?
Here are some of the tasks you may work on:
- Confidential Document Destruction
- Food and Cosmetic packaging
- General Assembly
- Mail outs
We have two locations, one at Elizabeth and one at Holden Hill.
Training and Development
Barkuma has a strong focus on training and development with the aim of building on peoples strengths to enable them to develop the skills they require to gain employment out in their local communities. We offer a range of training opportunities and if you wish to move into mainstream employment we can refer you to our employment service.
To qualify for supported employment you must be:
- Over 16 years of age
- Have an intellectual disability
- Be willing to undertake an unpaid work experience placement
- Eligible to receive a Disability Support Pension from Centrelink
- Currently have an NDIS plan with the goal of employment ( Finding & Keeping a Job)
- Be looking for fulltime employment (Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm)
- Meet assessment requirements
For more information about opportunities with Barkuma, call 8252 8666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.